ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TOPIC: Recitation and Translation of Arabic Text of Verses 1-10 of Suratul Al-Mulk
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful.
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
- recite ayaat of the Glorious Qu’ran;
- identify the words and ayaat of the Qu’ran;
- The pupils are required to already have learnt…
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Chart/flash card containing the verses;
- Recorded cassette containing the relevant verses.
METHOD OF TEACHING
- Questions and answers
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Rope of Allah Book 6
- All Relevant Materials
- Internet Information [click]
- 67:1, Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the dominion of the Universe, and Who has power over everything;
- 67:2, Who created death and life that He might try you as to which of you is better in deed. He is the Most Mighty, the Most Forgiving;
67:3, Who created the seven heavens one upon another. You will see no incongruity in the Merciful One’s creation. Turn your vision again, can you see any flaw?
67:4, Then turn your vision again, and then again; in the end your vision will come back to you, worn out and frustrated.
67:5, We have adorned the lower heaven with lamps, and have made them a means to drive away the satans. We have prepared for them the chastisement of the Blazing Fire.
67:6, The chastisement of Hell awaits those who disbelieve in their Lord. What a wretched destination!
67:7, When they will be cast into it, they will hear it roar as it boils,
67:8, as though it will burst with rage. Every time a multitude is cast into it, its keepers will ask them: “Did no warner come to you?”
67:9, They will say: “Yes, a warner came to us, but we gave the lie to him and said: ‘Allah has revealed nothing. You are surely in huge error.’
67:10, They will say: ‘If we had only listened and understood, we would not be among the inmates of the Blazing Fire.’
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- shows flash cards containing the ayaat;
- identifies the ayaat one after another;
- Pupil’s Activities – Recite the ayaat individually and in group.
- drills the pupils in the pronunciation of the words and translations;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively to the teacher while reciting, pronouncing and translating.
- correct the pupils mistakes;
- leads the pupils in attempt to write the ayaat;
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy the verses of the Quran and its translations.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- recite the verses of Glorious Qu’ran correctly;
- identify the word and ayaat of the Glorious Qu’ran;
Was this lessons helpful?