CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES (CRS)
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – SSS 2
SECTION A — OBJECTIVES
Answer all the questions.
1. David was described as ‘a man after God’s own heart’, because
(a) he accepted and lamented his sins
(b) he planned to build a temple
© he composed some of the psalms
(d) all of the above.
2. Samuel disagreement with Saul was caused by Saul’s ____________________.
3. The first King of Israel lost his throne, because he ____________________.
(a) was wicked and lost battles
(b) was crude and weak
© was very irresponsible
(d) lost the support of Yahweh
4. ____________________ Was the prophet that was sent to rebuke David for his adulterous sin.
5. The division of the Hebrew kingdom was caused by the maladministration of king ………..
Second Term Examination Christian Religious Studies (CRS) Basic 7 (JSS 1)
Second Term Examination Christian Religious studies (CRS) SS 1
6. One of the evils which the marital alliances of Solomon brought to Israel was the worship of ____________________.
(a) sun gods
(b) moon gods
(c) sea gods
(d) foreign gods
7. Solomon oppressed his people and deprived them of their freedom when he made them ____________________.
(a) to pay heavy taxes
(b) to do forced labour
(c) to provide luxuries for his household
(d) all of the above
8. During the reign of Ahab, the supremacy of God was championed by ____________________.
9. Which of the following was the consequence of Ahab’s greed on the house of Naboth?
(a) the house of Ahab broke into two factions.
(b) Elijah pronounced famine on Israel.
© There was total destruction of Ahab’s dynasty.
(d) Ahab’s dynasty was taken in exile.
10. When God ordered famine on Israel, Elijah was fed by the Ravens at ____________________.
(a) River Jordan
(b) Mount Carmel
(c) Brooke Cherith
(d) the plain of Moab
11. Elijah and the prophets of Baal proved the true God on Mount ____________________.
12. The contest on Mount Carmel was to demonstrate that ____________________.
(a) Baal was the God of Israel
(b) Baal controlled nature
© Ahab had won Israel for Baal
(d) Yahweh was supreme to other gods
13. The book of law was found by ____________________ during the reign of Josiah.
14. The greatest achievement of King Josiah of Judah was ____________________.
(a) the expansion of his territory
(b) his religious reforms
(c) his obedience to the words of the Prophets
(d) the Deuteronomic reform of 62 B.C.
15. The leader of the Jews who rebuilt Jerusalem after the exile was ____________________.
16. The two tribes in Israel that led in the rebuilding of the temple after the exile were ____________________ and ____________________.
(a) Judah and Benjamin
(b) Manasseh and Reuben
(c) Judah and Ephraim
(d) Naphtali and Joseph
17. Whose offer of help was rejected by Zerubbabel towards the rebuilding of the temple?
18. ____________________ was thrown into the lion’s den.
19. Ability to face opposition and persecution without fear is ____________________.
20. The Hebrew boys that were thrown into the fiery furnace were ____________________, ____________________ and ____________________.
SECTION B — OBJECTIVES
Answer all the questions.
a. What problems did the returning exiles face in the rebuilding of the temple?
b. What lessons do we derive from the obstacles that faced them?
a. What two(2) suggestions would you give to a present day Jew who faces opposition in the cause of evangelism work?
b. Trace the circumstances that caused the Hebrew boys to be cast into the fiery furnace.
In what three (3) ways are the reasons or situations today similar to Josiah’s time?
a. Discuss the sources of Solomon’s wisdom and how he misused it.
b. Mention any lesson we ought to learn in (4a) above.