JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
CLASS – BASIC 8 (JSS 2)
SECTION A – OBJECTIVES
Answer all the questions in this section.
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. The unpleasant smell that comes from the body is called ________________.
2. One of the following has no known cure at the moment.
[b] HIV / AIDS
3. The process where a person prescribes a drug for one self is called self ________________.
4. The way of life of a family is their ________________.
[d] life style
5. Unresolved conflicts can lead to ________________.
6. A situation that marks a turning – point, when things cease to go on as usual in
a family ________________.
8. All can lead to family crisis except ________________.
[a] lost of job
[b] arrival of new born baby
[c] arrival of member of family from London
[d] relocation of family
9. The short span of time which marks the beginning of sexual maturation is called ________________.
10. The monthly flow of blood through the vagina in every woman of child bearing age is called ________________.
11. One of the following is not a sexually transmitted disease.
12. Values are important for their own sake…
13. Conflict in families can arise from any of the following:
[a] situations, personality, unity
[b] personality, situations, affection
[c] situations, personality, power struggles
[d] struggles, personality, care
14. Giving in on some points of disagreement and having your ways in others is ________________.
[a] giving up
15. ________________ supply the body with heat and energy
[a] Carbohydrates and iron
[b] Carbohydrates and fats
[c] Carbohydrates and vegetables
[d] Proteins and iron
SECTION B – THEORY
Answer all the questions.
1a. State 2 signs of the following diseases: Syphilis and Gonorrhea.
b. Outline five causes of HIV / AIDs
c. List any 3 ways HIV / AIDs people can be taking care of.
2a. What is self medication?
b. State four (4) consequences of self medication.
3. Itemize six ways of preventing body odour b. State 3 causes of body odour.
4. List any 2 places from which a person right is violated may seek help.
b. State the two types of patterns.
c. Write out four uses of patterns.