ENGLISH STUDIES – WRITING
TOPIC: TECHNICAL WRITING
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Answer objectives questions
2. Complete forms
3. Keep diaries
4. Draft receipts and issue them.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Samples of objective type of questions
2. Samples of application forms
3. Samples of receipts and diaries.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
- Answer objective type of questions
- Completing application forms
- Drafting or issuing receipts
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils on how to answer objective type of questions.
Pupil’s Activities – Learn to answer objective questions.
3. Guides pupils to complete application forms.
Pupil’s Activities – Completing application forms.
4. Guides pupils to draft or issue a receipt.
Pupil’s Activities – Draft and issue receipt.
5. Guides the pupils to keep a class diary as the joint effort of everyone of everyone.
Pupil’s Activities – Keep individual diaries. The writing should be done in sentences – today I performed an experiment which showed that.
6. Inspects pupil’s diary but do not punish them for failure to update it.
7. Encourages and reminds them to use their diary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Answer objective questions correctly.
2. Complete forms and keep diaries.