Summary of the webinar meeting with the ministry of education through the office of education quality assurance (OEQA) by the director general Adefisayo Folashade on the 4th Sept 2020, That commenced by 10.30am and ended by 12pm.
1. Steps of fresh registration were given to school owners before operating in Lagos state.
2. Schools reopening will be with the maximum of 60% in attendance, which means that there should be stagery attendance, two (2)days on two (2)days off.
3. Safety precautionary measures must be observed and any school that encounter covid19 cases will be shut down.
4. Lagos State claim that they have completed 3rd term through radio and television programme that was conducted from March to July as their 3rd term. The HOD of *OEQA* states that the 1st week to 3rd week of resumption will be the public schools evaluational test and promotion for the children.
This shows that there will be no automatic promotion as it’s speculated by some people.
5. Private schools who has online facilities should continue to make up for the staggered date and stream the lessons online to those that are not in school, if you don’t have online facilities you have options of morning and afternoon sessions observing 60% capacity.
Public schools should maintain two(2) sessions at 60% capacity.
6. Schools are advised to shorten school hours depending on arrangements between school owners & parents, but public school hours will be decided by the commission of education with the academic calendar.
7. Dr. Adebayo Abisola surveillance team leader of covid19 said they are partnering with schools to see that precautionary measures are being put in place for the children safety.
She gave out the numbers to call, if there is any case of covid19, such contact will direct us to the local government center closer to us for attention.
8. Mrs debo oniyitan warned us that opening schools doesn’t guarantee that such school remains opened fully because if there is any case of covid19, this will lead to everyone present at that time to be quarantined immediately.
She warned to be careful because children can be a transmitter of covid19 to their parents who are mostly vulnerable to the diseases.
Mrs abiola seriki ayeni states that promoting a child without evaluational examination is lowering the standard of education, which must not be practice in Lagos State. So those of the parents clamouring for automatic promotion sorry there is no automatic promotion. Evaluation must be done before promotion to the next level
Please parents allow our children to settle down and continue with their online lesson in order to complete the 3rd term session.
So our online school will expire on the second week of October.
Saturday’s lessons will cover up for the missing classes in August which will commence on 5th sept, with the existing 4 subjects a day which will enable us to conclude our scheme and examinations.
Note – emphasis was laid on 60% capacity because vaccine is yet to be found.