Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – GOD AS FATHER GUIDES HIS CHILDREN
PREVIOUS LESSON – THIRD TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC: GOD SPEAKS TO US
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be able to:
- mention some ways God speaks to us;
- identify the purpose of God speaking to us.
Surely, God’s goodness and mercy shall follow us, all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of thy God, forever and forever, Amen.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures of people in the Bible receiving God’s message e.g. Jacob, Moses, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
WAYS IN WHICH GOD SPEAKS TO US – EX. 33:11 NIV
The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a friend. Then Moses would return to the camp, but his young aide Joshua son of Nun did not leave the tent.
God speaks to us:
- Through the scripture – Bible
- Through His chosen ones – parent, family and friends, teachers, pastor, prophet, evangelist, elder, choir etc.
- Directly to us through His Holy Spirit – sermons, hymns, music, prayer, circumstances or difficulties, sound, nature, etc.
PURPOSE OF GOD SPEAKING TO PEOPLE – I SAM. 3
Vs 10. The Lord came and stood there, calling as at the other times, “Samuel! Samuel!” Then Samuel said, “Speak, for your servant is listening.”
- God speaks to reveal His purposes.
- God speaks to involve us in His work.
- God speaks to us to bring us into a loving relationship with Him.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Mentions ways through which God speaks to His is people;
- Pupil’s Activities – Take turns in reading the Bible.
- Asks pupils to narrate the occasions when they felt that God was talking to them;
- Pupil’s Activities – Give examples of occasions when they felt that God was talking to them.
- Summarizes the points on the board.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Jacob’s Encounter with God
Attempt all the questions
1. The Lord would speak to Moses face to face, as one speaks to a __________________.
2. God speaks to us through __________________.
3. The following are the ways God can speak to us except __________________
4. God can also speak through Holy Spirit.
Mention 3 ways God speaks to us.
State 3 reasons God speaks to His people.