Last Updated on July 20, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: COMPUTER MOUSE
PREVIOUS LESSON – APPLICATION OF COMPUTER MOUSE (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: DOUBLE CLICK AND DRAG OPERATION
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
demonstrate double click and drag operation.
The pupils are required to already have learned application of computer mouse.
Sections of computer keyboard – function keys, arrow key, space bar, back space key, special characters, etc.
Application of Keyboard – space bar, back space key and arrow keys, Enter key and cap lock, special character keys.
Parts of the computer mouse
Application of Computer Mouse
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
functional computer systems.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
DOUBLE CLICK AND DROP
The double click and drag operation allows all users to move selected text using mouse.
This operation allow text to be move from one location within a document or to another document.
TO DOUBLE CLICK AND DRAG TEXT
1. Double click the text you want to move.
2. Place the mouse pointer anywhere on the selected text without clicking.
3. Click and hold the left mouse button until the insertion point changes to a white arrow pointing up to the left.
4. Left click and drag the selected text to the new location.
5. Then drop.
Be sure to remove the selected text before pressing any key so you don’t delete newly moved text. If you do mistakenly delete the text, press the Undo button.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils through the process of click and drag operation.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and follow the teacher’s instructions accordingly.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Mainly practical.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson – revision and examination.
Pupils to –
demonstrate click and drag operation.