Last Updated on July 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
PREVIOUS LESSON – MODELING CLAY I (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: MODELLING (CLAY) OR PLASTICIZE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
model with clay.
The pupils are required to already have learned clay modeling clay I.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Clay preparation consists of:
1. Removal of large stones, roots, etc.
2. Crushing of large particles
3. Extract its finest grain
4 Mixing materials.
MAKING OBJECT WITH CLAY (MODELLING)
1. Pot, cup, plate, etc.
3. House, garden, etc.
4. Book, pen, chair and table, etc.
5. Car, bicycle, etc.
6. Insect, butterfly, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Lists sources of clay.
Pupil’s Activities – State sources of clay.
3. Demonstrates the process of using clay to produces objects.
Pupil’s Activities – Prepare day for production and produce objects found in their environment using clay.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
produce objects found in the environment using clay.