Last Updated on July 22, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURE AND CREATIVE ART
PREVIOUS LESSON – MEANING AND TYPES OF CULTURE (PRIMARY 5)
TOPIC: TRIBES AND CULTURE
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention the 3 major tribes with their culture in Nigeria.
The pupils are required to already have learned culture.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
charts of material and nonmaterial culture.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
TRIBES WITH THEIR CULTURE
Language – Yoruba
Dress – Agbada, Puba and Sokoto for men, Puba and Iro for women.
Food – soups like ewedu, gbegiri, okra, egusi, and efo riro.
Deities – Obatala, Shago, Olokun, etc.
Language – Igbo
HAUSA – FULANI
Language – Hausa – Fulani
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to mention tribes with their culture in Nigeria.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention tribes with their culture in Nigeria.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of culture as a way of life.
2.give 5 examples of material culture.
3. give 5 examples of nonmaterial culture.
4. mention the 3 major tribes with their culture in Nigeria.