Last Updated on April 2, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
CRN’s INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
1. lnsert the correct words to complete each of the following relationships – foot, nest, medicine, leg, eye
a. Snail is to shell as bird is to ____________________.
b. Elbow is to arm as kneel is to ____________________.
c. Finger is to law as doctor is to ____________________.
d. Lawyer is to as doctor is to ____________________.
e. ____________________ is to see as tongue is to taste.
2. Read the following sentences carefully and decide which should come first, second and third circle the correct option:
a. John was caught in the act ( ____________________ ).
l punished John ( ____________________ ).
John stole ( ____________________ ).
b. She could not walk ( ____________________ ).
l went to see her ( ____________________ ).
Ada was so ill ( ____________________ ).
c. The police came to arrest them ( ____________________ ).
Some thieves came to our house ( ____________________ ).
They stole some money ( ____________________ ).
d. We became very weak ( ____________________ )
We worked hard yesterday ( ____________________ )
We went for a rest ( ____________________ ).
3. Study the way the letters below are arranged and answer the question:
A B C D E F G H I J K L M T O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
a. lf GRNPURE stands for TEACHER, then AHEFR stands for ____________________.
b. lf TERNG stands for GREAT, then DHRRA stands for ____________________
c. If WRUBTNU stands for JEHOVAH, then BCCBFR stands for ____________________.
d. If PERNZ stands for CREAM, then ERRY stands for ____________________
e. If FPUBBY stands for SCHOOL , then ZNEXRG for ____________________.
4. Fill in the gaps by correct words which are formed by re- arranging the letters of the underlined words in the sentences below:
a. The doors of the huts have been ____________________.
b. A dog was used as a sacrificed for the ____________________.
c. We drew a rat in the ____________________ room.
d. We ate bread and ____________________ for breakfast.
5. Form one anagram from each of these words:
a. Now ____________________
b. Tones ____________________
c. Mate ____________________
d. Words ____________________
e. Range ____________________
6. Complete each of the following sentences with proper word chosen from the brackets:
a. Olu needs some ____________________ to bake bread.
b. I ____________________ my teacher everyday.
c. My ____________________ is married to a lawyer.
d. The pig has a ____________________.
e. We worked every hard and became.
7. Study the word pattern carefully in each of the following and underline the odd one:
a. (see, seek) (for, fork) (nor, snore)
b. (bail, bale) (hail , hale) (won, write)
c. (ream, read ) (meet, meat ) (roam, road)
d. (birth, bat) ( bat, bait) (run, ruin)
8. Choose the one word that cannot be formed by the combination of some or all the letter of the words printed in capital letters:
9. From the option letter A – C ,choose a word that sound almost as the one written in capital letter:
10. Complete these sentences with suitable word chosen from the alternatives:
a. Water is to thrust as food is to ………………………
b. Cock is to hen as lion is to ____________________.
c. Nose is to smell as eyes is to ____________________.