Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ENGLISH STUDIES – WRITING
SECOND TERM/WEEK 10
THIRD TERM/WEEK 7
TOPIC: Indicating Direction
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. Give accurate descriptions of places when given directions.
2. Follow descriptions provided – by doctors.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course book
2. Doctor’s prescription label
3. Other relevant materials
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Indicating Direction means How to get to a place or use a product (for example, drug).
Accurate description is to help to emphasized, for example –
How to get to Yaba from Ijora.
How to use a prescribed medicines.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to give and write accurate directions;
Pupil’s Activities – Follow teacher’s directions. Give directions to one another and to the teacher, too.
3. Lets pupils give and follow such directions practically and so test their accuracy;
Pupil’s Activities – Write directions on how to reach certain places, how to use, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Give accurate descriptions with the teacher’s help. Follow the directions given.
4. Guides pupil’s activities.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. Give description of places orally
2. Write these descriptions in their note books.