Importance of Civic Education to National Development and Importance of having a Political leader in the Community Primary 2 (Basic 2) Term 1 Week 6 Civic Education
NATIONAL VALUES EDUCATION
THEME: CIVIC EDUCATION
PREVIOUS LESSON – work in progress
TOPIC – IMPORTANCE OF CIVIC EDUCATION
2. Importance of Civic Education to National Development
3. Importance of having a Political Leader in the community
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives –
1. explain the meaning of civic education
2. state the importance of Civic Education
The pupils can Do’s and Don’ts at home, school and their society.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of chart showing community participation and development.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF CIVIC EDUCATION (REVISION)
Civic Education is a subject that teaches us about our duties and responsibilities in the community.
In civil education, we learn about our duties towards the government and our community. We also learn the duties of the government to towards us.
WHAT IS OUR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties are the moral and legal obligations of every citizens.
That’s, what is given back to our community.
Responsibilities are the abilities to do something independently with any permission.
Our duties and responsibilities toward the government and our communities are as follows:
1. Payment of tax
2. Proper use of amenities
3. Protecting our national resources
6. Respect for national symbols, etc.
LESSON 2 – IMPORTANCE OR ADVANTAGES OF CIVIC EDUCATION TO NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Other importance of civic education are civic engagement in political, social and economic process.
1. POLITICAL PROCESS
Political process is the process that enable the citizens represent themselves in government.
2. SOCIAL PROCESS
Social process is a social interaction.
The process enable the citizens to interact and decide how to maintain stability in their communities.
3. ECONOMIC PROCESS
Economic process is the process that manage the activities, actions, and operations that involve the production and sale of goods and services.
For example, what to produce, how to produce and for whom to produce.
Also, it helps to explain how human make decisions on scarcity, supply and demand, costs and benefits, and incentives.
IMPORTANCE OF HAVING A POLITICAL LEADERS IN OUR SOCIETY
A political leader is the one who presents hold or seek political appointment in government.
For example, the local government chairman, governor, etc.
The importance of having a political leader in our society are as follows:
1. Good governance
2. Voice of the people
3. Represent the interests of the community
4. Good advocate
5. Community’s growth and development
6. Adequate security
LESSON 3 – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions.
2. Teacher organizes pupils in groups or pairs depending on the size of the class and available instructional materials.
3. Teacher asks pupils to state the importance of civic education as discussed in the previous class.
Pupil’s Activities – Leaders remember the previous lesson on the importance of civic education.
4. Teacher listen to the pupils and uses their relevant responses to introduce and discuss other importance of civic education.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners pay attention to the lesson introduction to understand the concept of political, social and economic process.
5. Teacher leads a discussion on the importance of having a political leader in our community.
Pupil’s Activities – Learners appreciate the importance of having political leader in the community.
6. Teacher summarizes each lesson on the board with appropriate lesson evaluation.
Pupil’s Activities – The pupils participate actively in the summary of the lesson by responding correctly to the questions and write as instructed.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Meaning of Honesty and Importance of Telling Truth | :Meaning and Consequences of Dishonesty Primary 2 (Basic 2) Term 1 Week 8 Civic Education
Teacher asks pupils to,
1. explain the following,
- political process
- social process
- economic process
2. state 3 importance of having political leader in the community.