Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – BASIC COMPUTER OPERATIONS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Connecting Different Parts of Computer (Primary 4)
TOPIC: STEPS FOR BOOTING COMPUTER SYSTEM (PRACTICAL)
1. Meaning of Booting
2. Steps for Booting Computer System
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe the steps for booting a computer.
2. boot a computer.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Computer system.
2. Power source
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note Computer Studies (Information Technology) Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
Booting is the process of starting computer and loading the operating system.
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and Allow pupils to follow the below steps to boot a computer system.
STEPS FOR BOOTING COMPUTER SYSTEM – COLD AND WARM BOOTING
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows pupils to use different methods of booting a computer system.
There are two types of booting:
1. Turn off/shut down the computer system.
2. After cooling, press the power button to turn ON.
1. Press start button.
2. Click on shut down.
3. Click on restart.
LESSON TWO – WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As started demonstrated by the pupils.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays an already connected computer set.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different parts of connected computer systems.
3. Describes the steps for booting.
Pupil’s Activities – Describe the steps for booting a computer.
4. Demonstrates how to boot a computer system.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice booting a computer and boot a computer system.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. mention steps in booting a computer system by cold and warm booting.
2. demonstrate how to boot a computer system by cold and warm booting.