Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ART
THEME – INTRODUCING VALUE IN CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Introducing Value in Cultural and Creative Art IV – Methods of Inculcating Value (Costumes and Make Up) Primary 4
Values Needed in Arts and Creative Works
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
explain values needed in our culture and in arts work.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
pictures and diagrams showing creative hard working, honest individuals and their achievements.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – MELROSE CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS BOOK 4
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
VALUES NEEDED IN ARTS AND CREATIVE WORKS
When values are inculcated in culture and creative art, the following are developed –
1. Creativity helps art and artist to be innovative.
2. Honesty helps artist to show sincerity.
3. Hard work helps artists to be industrious.
4. Precision help artist to be accurate.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the characteristics of value needed in culture and creative arts.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss with teacher some of the characteristics needed.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
explain two values needed.