Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: GRAMMATICAL ACCURACY AND STRUCTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – PASSAGES BASED ON ILLUSTRATING ‘WHEN’ ADVERBIAL STRUCTURES IN LONGER SENTENCES
TOPIC – Passages Based on Conservation with ‘That/Which’ Adjectival Clauses
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
- Use correct conversion with ‘That/Which’ adjectival clauses.
- Use clauses in their sentences.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Course book
- Sentence strips
- Passages from other sources
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
CONVERSATION WITH ‘THAT/WHICH’ ADJECTIVAL CLAUSE
That is used to join sentences about people or things.
Show me the book that/which Michael bought.
Lets find the house that/which Ayo missed.
Which is used to joined sentences about things.
This is the car which/that the young man bought.
For more conversation (‘that/which’ adjectives clauses),
Ref – MacMillan Brilliant Primary English
Page 99C, 1 – 2 to page 100C, 3 – 4
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Gives sample reading.
- Pupil’s Activities – Read the given passage.
- Asks questions that will involve the use of ‘That/Which’ adjectives clause.
- Pupil’s Activities – Give answers to the questions on the passage provided. Construct sentences using ‘that/which’ adjectival clauses.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Observing and report things
- Use ‘That/Which’ adjectives clause correctly in sentences.
- Give answers to the questions on the passage.
- Use the clauses in their own sentences.