COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – KEYBOARD
TOPIC – COMPUTER MOUSE
1. Identification of the Computer Mouse
2. Description of Computer Mouse
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify and describe keyword.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES – IDENTIFICATION OF PARTS OF A COMPUTER
Teacher’s/Pupil’s – Display a functional computer system or chart showing different parts of computer for the pupils to identify and name.
Notes their points on the board.
PARTS OF COMPUTER
2. System Unit
DESCRIPTION OF THE COMPUTER MOUSE
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Separates the COMPUTER MOUSE from other parts of computer for the pupils to identify and describe.
Leads them on the basis of description.
What is this?
This is a mouse (expected response – rat).
Why do you think it has been given this name?
Expected response – It is looked like a mouse. The eyes are the two buttons. The tail is the wire.
The mouse is used for sending messages into the computer.
There are two buttons on the mouse. To send a message, we click one button once or twice.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify computer mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify computer mouse.
3. Guides pupils to differentiate between a mouse and computer mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Differentiate between a mouse and computer mouse.
4. Discusses with pupils, the computer mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss with one another, computer mouse.
5. Guides pupils to type their name with computer mouse.
Pupil’s Activities – Type his/her name.
6. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Draw a computer mouse.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Draw Computer Monitor, Keyboard, System Unit and Mouse
Pupils to –
1. mention the differences between a mouse and computer mouse.
2. name other parts of a computer.
3. point to the parts of a computer mouse.
4. name and colour the picture of computer parts – draw.