Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – CONSEQUENCES OF POOR SERVICES
TOPIC – HOW TO HELP GOVERNMENT PROVIDE SERVICES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- State how to help the government provide services.
- Communal activities by pupils.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Pictures of government workers in offices.
- Resource person from government offices.
- Flip chart
- Use cartoon pictures of people doing the opposite for summary. That’s people running away from tax officer, somebody on PHCN wire etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
HOW TO HELP GOVERNMENT TO PROVIDE SERVICES
We can make it easy for the government to provide the services which we need in the society. Here are some of the ways we can do this:
- Regular payment of taxes, rates and levies.
- Payment of fees – schools fees, water bills, electricity bills, etc.
- Self help community development of public utilities, etc.
COMMUNAL ACTIVITIES BY PUPILS
Leads and guides to perform basic community service within or outside the school, mainly cleaning.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads class to discuss ways people can assist government to provide services.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify clarity and explain ways people can help government to provide services.
- Leads and guides the pupils to provide community service with or outside the school, mainly cleaning.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Problems Created by Bad Leadership
List 4 ways that people can assist government to provide services.