THEME – READING
TOPIC – PHONOLOGICAL AWARENESS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify and name the sounds made by various animals and
2. reproduce sounds made by animals.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Picture of animals.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
AUDITORY PERCEPTION AND DISCRIMINATION
Produce sounds of domestic animals such as –
6. Goat, etc.
Pupil’s Activities – Name various sounds that animals make and mimic sounds made by animals.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Identifies the sounds of various animals.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the sounds of the various animals listed by the teacher.
3. Asks pupils to imitate the sound of various animals.
Pupil’s Activities – Try to produce the various sounds.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to as stated in the contents of the lesson.