Last Updated on January 9, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Revision of First Term’s Work – Basic Science and Technology Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – SIMPLE MACHINE
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Simple Machines
3. Examples of Simple Machines
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explains the meaning of simple machine.
2. identify simple machines.
3. give examples of simple machine.
Broom, opener, scissor, etc. at home and in the school.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
5. Can open
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display charts or sample of simple machines for the pupils to identify and state the uses of each item identified.
Asks the pupils, how easy is it to drink water or pap with hands instead of cup (water) and spoon (pap)
Pupil’s Activities – Spoon, broom, knife, etc. It is more easier to drink water with cup and pap with spoon.
Teacher’s remark – Good job for active participation. Spoon, broom, knife, etc. are simple machines. Pupils, what is simple machine? Listen to them and note the point the board.
On board, copy I as write.
MEANING OF SIMPLE MACHINE
A simple machine is a device that makes work easy.
EXAMPLES OF SIMPLE MACHINES
The following are examples of simple machines –
5. Cutlass, etc.
LESSON 2 – REVISION, LESSON EVALUATION AND WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
As stated in the performance objectives or performance objectives.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Provides sample of simple machines.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify simple machines, collect and use some simple machine.
3. Guides pupils to define machine – a device for making work easier.
Pupil’s Activities – Define a simple machine.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. define machine.
2. name two examples of simple machine.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. Simple machine is a device that makes work ____________.
2. ____________ is a device that makes work easy.
C. Simple machine
3. ____________ is a simple machine used for sweeping.
4. ____________ is a simple machine used for eating.
5. ____________ is a simple machine used for cutting.
6. ____________ is a simple machine used for cutting grass.
7. ____________ is a simple machine used for slicing wood.
8. ____________ is a simple machine used for fetching water.
9. ____________ is a simple machine.
10. ____________ is not a simple machine.