Last Updated on March 3, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – GAMES AND SPORTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRE ON THE MOUNTAIN
TOPIC – LOCAL GAMES
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- demonstrate the skills of some local games.
- perform some local game.
Local Game – Fire on the mountain.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of playground, balls, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES – FILLING THE BASKET OR BOTTLE
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains and demonstrates the local games to the pupils.
- Pupil’s Activities – Observe the teacher’s demonstration and Practice the skill of the local games.
- Observe the pupils and offers assistance.
- Pupil’s Activities – Play the local games.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to –
- demonstrate the skills involved in the local games.
- perform the local games correctly.