RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUE
PREVIOUS LESSON – REASONS FOR RESPECTING ELDER II
TOPIC – DIFFERENT WAYS OF GREETINGS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- name different ethnic groups in Nigeria, e.g. Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, Ijaw, etc.
- demonstrate their ways of greetings.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of pictures and posters showing people greeting their different ways.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFICATION OF ETHNIC IN NIGERIA
- Ijaw, etc.
ACTIVITIES 2 – DEMONSTRATION OF GREETINGS IN THEIR ETHNICS AND LEARN OTHER ETHNIC WAYS OF GREETINGS
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Leads the pupils to identify different ethnic groups in Nigeria.
- Pupil’s Activities – Participate in identifying different ethnic groups in Nigeria.
- Guides the pupils to demonstrate the greetings indifferent ethnic groups.
- Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate the greetings from different ethnic group in Nigeria
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- name two ethic group in Nigeria.
- demonstrate the ways they greet in their locality.