Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – WHOLE NUMBERS
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION
TOPIC – WRITING 1 – 5
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- recall what has been taught.
- write 1 – 5 correctly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of objects for counting and cards with numerals 1 – 5 to practice and games.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFICATION AND COUNTING OF OBJECTS
ACTIVITIES 2 – IDENTIFICATION OF NUMBERS 1 – 5
ACTIVITIES 3 – WRITING 1 – 5
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Organizes games to reinforce and indicate recognition of number 1 – 5.
- Practice recalling – play games with number names and numeral 1 – 5.
- Pupil’s Activities – Play games to reinforce recognition of numbers.
- Play games and practice recalling the numerals 1 – 5 with their number names.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to write numerals 1 – 5 correctly.