Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – THE USES MORTAR AND PESTLE
TOPIC – USES OF SCISSOR
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- identify a pair of scissors.
- mention the uses of scissors.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Real object of a pair of scissors
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY SCISSOR AMONG THE FOLLOWING SIMPLE MACHINES
ACTIVITIES 2 – STATE THE USES OF SCISSOR
- It is used for cutting cloth.
- It is used for cutting design or patterns.
- It is used for resizing cloth.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Guides them to identify a pair of scissors.
- Pupil’s Activities – Identify a pair of scissors.
- Demonstrates how scissors is used by cutting a piece of cloth with a pair of scissors.
- Pupil’s Activities – Cut a piece of cloth with bare hands and then with a pair hand sand then with a pair of scissors and describe their experience.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to:state the uses of a pair scissor.