Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
WEEK 7 – PATTERNS MAKING USING MOTIFS AND COLOUR
WEEK 8 – FOLLOW THE STEPS FOR ANOTHER PAPER
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – PAPER CRAFT MAKING AND DECORATION II
TOPIC – PATTERNS MAKING USING MOTIFS AND COLOUR
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
- create simple motifs.
- make patterns using motifs.
- apply colour to patterns.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of diagrams of different types of motifs, pencils, colours, erasers, drawing books.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Course Book
- All Relevant Material
- Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 1 – IDENTIFY THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS
- A4 Paper
- Circular bottle top.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 2 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO DRAW PATTERNS
1. Place all the materials you need on the table.
2. Draw a Square or Rectangular shape.
3. Rule your paper in vertical and horizontal lines to form multiple squares.
4. Draw triangular shapes in each of the boxes.
5. Colour the pattern.
Teacher’s remark – The above pattern is called motifs.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 3 – DISCUSS THE MEANING OF MOTIFS
Motifs are design that repeat itself to form patterns.
Motifs are repeated lines to form patterns.
Motifs are repeated shapes to form patterns.
Motifs are repeated colours to form patterns.
Motifs are design that consists of repeated lines, shapes and colors to form patterns.
TEACHER’S/PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 4 – GUIDE THE PUPILS TO IDENTIFY OBJECTS OF MOTIFS
- Chair and table
- Bedsheets, etc.
PUPIL’S ACTIVITIES 5 – MAKE MOTIFS OF YOUR CHOICE AND COLOUR IT
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- Explains what motifs are.
- Draws different types of motifs.
- Pupil’s Activities – Listens and observe the drawing of different types of motifs.
- Illustrates how to make simple repeated patterns.
- Pupil’s Activities – Drawing simple motifs.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- draw their own motifs.
- produce simple pattern using motifs.
- apply colours to the simple motifs