Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATURAL RESOURCES
PREVIOUS LESSON – FIRST TERM EXAMINATION LINKS FOR PRIMARY SCHOOLS
TOPIC – RESOURCES UTILIZATION
1. Meaning and Importance of Resources Utilization
2. Over Utilization of Natural Resources
3. Under Utilization of Natural Resources
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the meaning and importance of resources utilization.
2. list dangers of over/under utilization of Natural Resources.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of a map of Nigeria showing the mineral resources in Nigeria.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Natural resources are wealth which are found in a country – Nigeria.
UTILIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
Utilization of natural resources is a way of using resources to make wealth.
IMPORTANCE OF NATURAL RESOURCES –
1. Building Infrastructure
2. Social development
3. Getting foreign Exchange
4. Employment opportunities
OVER UTILIZATION OF RESOURCES
Over utilization of resources is the use of resources at a faster rate than is necessary.
DANGERS OF OVER UTILIZATION OF NATURAL RESOURCES
1. Exhaustion or depletion of resources
2. Infrastructural break down
3. Problems of maintenance
5. Low foreign earnings
UNDER UTILIZATION OF RESOURCES
Under utilization is not using the natural resources to the fullest.
PROBLEMS OF UNDER UTILIZATION OF RESOURCES
2. Low income
3. Poor infrastructure and industrial development
4. Dependence on foreign goods
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the concepts of natural resources and resources utilization.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation.
3. Discusses the importance of natural resources with the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the discussion.
4. Differentiates between over under utilization of natural resources.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the different between over and utilisation of natural resources.
5. Lists the dangers of over and under utilization of natural resources.
Pupil’s Activities – List the dangers of over and under utilization of natural resources.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. state the meaning of resources utilization.
2. mention 3 importance of resources utilization.
3. differentiate between over and under utilization of natural resources.
4. list dangers of over/under utilization of Natural Resources.