Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS STUDIES
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – JESUS THE WAY TO THE FATHER
PREVIOUS LESSON – Useful and Quick Links for Second Term Plan Lesson Notes All Subjects Primary 4, Primary 5 and Primary 6
TOPIC – JESUS LOVES ALL PEOPLE
1. Various ways Jesus shown love to people.
2. Importance of love one another.
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify various ways by which Jesus showed love to people.
2. explain the importance of love to one another.
The story or the woman with the issues of blood, Jairus Daughter, John 3:16, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
picture of any event – demonstrating the love of Jesus for mankind.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Christian Religious Studies Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
Monday (12:40 AM – 01:20 PM)
Friday (10:20 AM – 11:00 AM)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION
JESUS LOVES ALL PEOPLE
Love is action.
No one showed the depths of true love more than our Lord Jesus Christ.
He set the example for believers to show love to each other and to the world by what He did.
VARIOUS WAYS GOD SHOWS LOVE TO HIS PEOPLE
Bible Reading – Matthew 5:44-48, John 3:16, 15:12.
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
MATTHEW 5:44 – 48
The love of God to his people is shown through many ways:
1. He provides for our needs. Such needs are essential and they include food, clothes and shelter.
2. He makes the sun to shine on both the good and the evil people.
3. He sends rain on both the just and unjust people.
4. He brings sinners to repentance. Jesus preached the kingdom in love.
5. He gave His only begotten son. Jesus gave His life for the world in love.
6. He heals our sickness and diseases.
7. He delivers our from all evil.
8. He fed the hungry in love.
IMPORTANCE OF SHOWING LOVE TO ONE ANOTHER
Bible Reading – Mark 10:46-52
1. It brings peace and harmony among people.
2. It brings us closer to one another and to God.
3. It brings joy and happiness.
4. It brings unity among people.
LESSON TWO – REVISION AND WEEK 2 LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to identify various ways Jesus showed love to people.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify various ways Jesus showed love to people.
3. Explains the importance of showing love to one another.
4. Give examples of how one can show love to one another.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify two ways Jesus showed love to people.
2. give two examples of Jesus demonstrating love to mankind.
3. explain the importance of love to one another in the society.