Last Updated on July 16, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CRN INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
SECOND TERM EXAMINATION
SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL – SS 1
Choose the correct answer from the options.
1. ____________________ refers to the manipulation of digitised information by computers and other digital electronic equipment.
[a] information technology
[b] information science
[c] information processing
2. ____________________ can be presented in line graphs, histograms, bar charts, pie chart etc.
3. Which of the following is an advantage of using computer for information processing ?
[a] computer can store enormous amounts of data for future use
[b] initial investment cost can be high
[c] face – to – face interaction among staff may be reduced.
4. The process through which organizations make sense of new information that they have acquired and disseminated is called ____________________.
[b] interpretation of information
5. The main advantage of collation is ____________________.
[a] To disorganise data and information
[b] To prepare payroll for workers
[c] To makes it fast and easy for a user to find an element in the list.
6. The following are simple process for analyzing information except ____________________.
[a] Skim and scan
[b] High reliability
[c] identify propaganda,bias
7. The means of ____________ has changed according to living situations and advancements in technology.
8. ____________________ is the method of sending audio messages over a long distance to large audience using electromagnetic wave
9. The specialized wireless reciever/ transmitter that is lauched by a rocket and placed in orbit around the earth is called ____________________.
[b] Metal gong
10. ____________________ was used to pass important information in the days before the existence of the written word.
[a] story telling
[b] letter writing
11. ____________________ operating system allows multiple users to simulteneously use the system.
[a] single user
[b] real time
[c] multi user
12. In a ____________________ operating system interaction between the user and processor is limited or there is no interaction at all during the excution of work.
[a] real time
[b] batch processing
13. ____________________ allows you to duplicate a section of text .
[a] delete text
[b] cut and paste
14. ____________________ contain menu of commands that allows a user insert features, edit documents, format documents.
[a] Menu bar
[b] title bar
[c] task bar
15. GUI means ___________________________________________.
16. DOS acronmyns ___________________________________________.
17. ____________________ is a technology that allows light to travel along thin glass or plastic wires.
18. ____________________ and ____________________ are most commonly used means of communication.
19. ____________________ is used to transmit both visual and audio messages to large audience over a far distance.
20. A ____________________ display documents a user is currently working on, other documents that were opened by the user, start menu, system etc.
Answer Four questions only.
1. Define lnformation Transmission
b. There are _______ method of information transmission ? Name them .
c. Mention 5 examples each of the aboved answer.
d. Briefly explain the following:
iii. Fiber optic communication
2. Define the art of information processing .
b. List the procedures for information processing.
c. Write the simple process for analyzing information
d. State 3 advantages and 2 disadvantges of using computers for information processing.
3. What is operating system?
b. Give examples of operating system .
c. State four functions of an operating system .
d. Mention types of operating system .
4. Define word processing .
b. Write four examples of word processor .
c. Mention four examples of Ms – office .
d. List 5 non electronic means of communication.
5. Explain the following:
i. Analysis of information
iii. Organisation of information
b. Differentiate between Multi tasking and Multi user operating system .
c. List and explain 5 features of standard word processors .
d. Differentiate between Fax machine, Telephone / mobile phone and telegraph.