Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME – ARTS AND CRAFTS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Introduction to Collage – Meaning and Materials for Making Collages (Primary 5)
TOPIC: INTRODUCTION TO COLLAGE
1. Making of Collages – Cut Pictures into Shapes
2. Display College’s Work
3. Functions of Collages
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to:
1. state the meaning of collage.
2. cut pictures into shapes.
3. produce collage.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
4. Old calendar
5. Plain surface
8. Newspapers, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
Relevant link – Third Term Scheme of Work and Plan Lesson Note for Cultural and Creative Arts Primary 4 Primary 5 and Primary 6 Links
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON ONE – INTRODUCTION (COLLAGE)
Collage is an art work made by putting together pieces of different materials to a flat surface to form a shape.
FUNCTIONS OF COLLAGES
1. It determines idea and concept.
2. It brings visual elements together.
LESSON TWO – STEPS IN MAKING PAPER COLLAGES
The following steps are required for making collage –
1. Decide what you want to collage.
2. Find your inspiration.
3. Sort your materials.
4. Plan your collage.
5. Start collaging by gluing together.
MAKING OF COLLAGE PAPER OR PICTURE COLLEGES
Teacher’s Activities – Guides and allows pupils to make paper or picture collages.
WEEK 2 ASSESSMENT – As stated in the making of collages.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides and gives pupils assignment on collage making.
Pupil’s Activities – Produce and display finished work on collage.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of collage.
2. produce work on collage.
3. paste pictures to form design.