Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME: CONCEPT AND MEDIUM OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCTION
TOPIC – AGRICULTURAL ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
1. Meaning of Agriculture and Economic Empowerment
2. Ways of Economic Empowerment
By the end of the lesson, the students should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the term – agriculture and economic empowerment.
2. mention some of the ways to empower through agriculture.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Chart showing workers on farmland.
2. Charts showing different agricultural equipments and machines.
3. Charts showing agricultural processing and packaging companies.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
MEANING OF AGRICULTURE
Agriculture can be define as the growing of crops, rearing of animals, processing and selling of agricultural products for the benefit of man (for man’s use).
COMPONENTS OF AGRICULTURE
There are four components of agriculture as stated in its meaning. These are
1. Growing or planting of crops. For examples – planting of rice, bean, yam, cocoa, banana, etc.
2. Rearing of animals. For examples – goat, sheep, horse, camel, etc.
3. Processing of agricultural products.
4. Selling of agricultural products.
MEANING OF AGRICULTURAL ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
Economic empowerment in agriculture is the ability to improve the standard of living of people through all necessary enlightenment and support in order to increase the quality of agricultural productivity.
The primary aims of the economic empowerment is to strengthen and support the farmers, encourage and motivate the youth in agricultural sector.
This empowerment is designed to enables people to improve people’s standard of living through income generated from agricultural practices such growing of crops, rearing of animals, processing and selling of agricultural products.
WAYS OF ECONOMIC EMPOWERMENT
1. Educating farmers.
2. Provide basic amenities to the farmers in the rural area.
3. Provide of good roads network to link the rural and major markets in the cities.
4. Encourage and empower the youth to speak up.
5. Provide basic and affordable farming implements
6. Grant low interest rate on loan or credit available.
7. Create favorable government policy.
8. Make more land available for farmers.
9. Get farmers involved in all matters regarding agriculture.
10. Represent or license prudent personnel to act on behalf the farmers with other countries.
11. Establish agricultural industries for processing, packaging and distribution.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the students some questions;
2. Asks students to define agriculture.
3. Discusses economic empowerment in agriculture.
Student’s Activities – Participate actively in the class discussion. .
4. Leads the discussion on how to empower the farmers and the youth through agriculture.
Student’s Activities – Mention way of economic empowerment through agriculture.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the terms – agriculture and economic empowerment agriculture.
2. State 5 ways of economic empowerment in agriculture.