Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – UNDERSTANDING BASIC TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – Forms of Energy (Primary 1)
TOPIC – SOURCE OF ENERGY
Different Source of Energy
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
mention different source of energy.
Batteries, generator, fuel, coal, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
View nature, e.g. sun.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
ACTIVITIES 1- Source of Energy
Guide the pupils to identify source of all forms of energy.
Leads and asks pupils to mention things that produce light –
5. Battery – touch light
6. Petroleum – generator
10. Plants and Animals
3. Gasoline – petroleum, diesel, etc.
4. Organic materials
2. Natural gas
SOLAR ENERGY – Sun
3. Hot plate
1. Generator – engine
2. Solar – sun
3. Chemical – battery
4. Hydroelectric – water
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides the pupils to identify sources of each energy.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the source of each energy.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision on Technology and Energy
Pupils to –
list two sounds of energy.