Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
COMPUTER STUDIES (INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY)
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME: INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
PREVIOUS LESSON – System Unit – External Features – Power Button and Reset Button (Primary 2)
TOPIC – EXTERNAL FEATURES – SYSTEM UNIT
1. Meaning of Disk Drive
2. Types of Disk Drive
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what disk drive means.
2. identify and describe the different types of disk drive.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of –
Functional computer systems
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Material
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION – IDENTIFICATION OF SYSTEM UNIT – POWER AND RESET BUTTON
IDENTIFICATION OF DISK DRIVE
Guides pupils to identify the button with this symbol
Tells them, it is called eject button. Then, ask pupils to press. Asks them to again.
Teacher’s remark – This is called disk drive.
Disk drive is a device that read and write data to computer disks.
TYPES OF DISK DRIVE
There are different types of disk drive –
1. Hard drive – it is fixed to the system unit.
2. Removable drive
3. DVD ROM drive
4. CD ROM drive
5. Floopy disk drive
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to different types of disk drive.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify different types of disk drive.
2. Explains the meaning of disk drive.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and ask questions.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer all the questions.
1. __________________ read and write data.
A. Disk drive
2. __________________ is one of the types of disk drive.
A. CD ROM drive
B. CD player
C. DVD player
3. __________________ is not a disk drive.
A. DVD player
B. DVD ROM drive
C. Floopy drive
4. Disk drive does not read and write data. True/False.
5. Disk drive read and write data. True/False.