Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
TOPIC – POLLINATION
1. Meaning of Pollution
2. Causes of Pollution
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the meaning of pollution.
2. mention the causes of pollution.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
4. Films showing
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Introductory Activities and questions – Asks pupils to pick the pieces of paper, nylon, broom, etc. Where does this dirt comes?
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils, then introduce the lesson – pollution.
When we make water, land (class) and air (rising dust or noise making) is called pollution.
MEANING OF POLLUTION
Pollution is anything that makes our environment dirty and unhealthy.
TYPES OF POLLUTION
There are different types of pollution.
1. Noise pollution
2. Chemical pollution
3. Land pollution
4. Water pollution
5. Air pollution
CAUSES OF POLLUTION
4. Misuse of natural resources
5. Improper waste disposal
6. Uses of chemical for weeding and fishing
7. Industrial locations
8. Clubs, parties, markets, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils to explain the meaning of pollution.
Pupil’s Activities – Explain the meaning of pollution.
3. Guides pupils to identify the causes of pollution.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify the causes of pollution.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer all questions.
1. ____________________ is anything that makes our environment dirty and unhealthy.
Mention 3 types of pollution.
List 3 causes of pollution.