Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – HEALTH EDUCATION
TOPIC – POLLINATION
1. Meaning of Chemical Pollution
2. Causes of Chemicals Pollution
3. Prevention of Chemical and Pollution
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state the meaning of chemical pollution.
2. state the causes of chemical pollution.
3. describe ways to preventing chemical pollution.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Charts showing spraying of chemical into the water and land.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Pollution is anything that makes our environment dirty and unhealthy.
Chemical pollution is another types of pollution caused by chemical.
MEANING OF CHEMICAL POLLUTION
Chemical pollution are caused by releasing chemicals into the air, water and land.
CAUSES OF CHEMICAL POLLUTION
1. Oil spillage
4. Man activities such releasing chemicals into the water for fishing or controlling weeds.
PREVENTION OF CHEMICAL POLLUTION
1. Oil should be put inside good containers.
2. Mining should be properly regulated.
3. Industries should be located away from residential areas.
4. Other methods of fishing or weeding should be adopted.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Explains the meaning chemical pollution.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen and state the causes of chemical pollution.
3. Assist the pupils in describing ways of preventing chemical pollution.
Pupil’s Activities – Engage in the various ways of preventing chemical pollution.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
1. ____________________ pollution are caused by releasing chemicals into the air, water and land.
2. ____________________ pollution is a pollution caused by chemical.
C. Street fighting
Mention 3 causes of chemical pollution.
State 3 ways of preventing chemical pollution.