Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Road Accidents (Primary 3)
TOPIC – ROAD ACCIDENTS
1. Meaning of Road Accidents
2. Causes of Road Accidents
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain road accident.
2. list the causes of road accidents.
Accidents on the road
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Resource persons such as road safety personnel
4. Pupils’ textbooks
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Accident is an unplanned or unexpected events which cause injury or damage of lives and property.
CAUSES OF ROAD ACCIDENTS
1. Bad road
2. Poorly built roads by corrupt and inappropriate workers.
3. Poor use of resources
4. Bad vehicles
5. Careless and unsafe driving.
6. Inability to read and interpret road signs,
7. Drinking of alcohol, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Uses guided questions to teach the causes of road accident.
Pupil’s Activities – Gives examples of causes of road accidents.
3. Uses chars to demonstrate further examples/causes of road accidents.
Pupil’s Activities – Demonstrate some causes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. explain the meaning of road accident.
2. explain causes of road accident.