Last Updated on March 6, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
CULTURAL AND CREATIVE ARTS
THEME: PERFORMING ARTS AND ENTERTAINMENT
PREVIOUS LESSON – Types of Crafts | Identification of Embroidery Crafts | Meaning (Examples) of Embroidery Crafts Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Cultural and Creative Arts
TOPIC – MUSIC
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Music
3. Importance of Music (Uses of Music in Our Society)
4. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain what music is.
2. state the importance of music.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Radio set with cassette or flash containing songs
2. Mobile phone for playing music
3. Mp3 player
4. Musical instruments
5. Chart Showing songs
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
Course Book – CULTURAL CREATIVE ARTS for Primary 1, A K Badaru, C Ndubuisi, G Akinsola, A Abdul, S A Akinsowo, A Oni
All Relevant Material
Online Information – Singing Nigerian National Anthem Primary 1 (Basic 1) – Cultural and Creative Arts
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
lesson 1 – INTRODUCTORY QUESTION
Teacher’s Activities – Get a mp3 player to play an educative music like Bata rẹ a dù koka, ìwé kíkọ là sì ọkọ àti ada etc. for pupils to listen and ask them –
- What do you learn from the music?
- Why do we play or listen to music?
Pupil’s Activities – We are listening to music. We learn the importance of education with farming.
Teacher’s Activities – Correct. You are listening to an educative music that taught the importance of education and farming. Lead the pupils to explain what is music and uses of music in our society.
MEANING OF MUSIC
Music is a group of sound that people listen to and enjoy.
Music can be voices or instruments.
People clapped, moved their body and tapped their while listening to music
USES OF MUSIC IN OUR SOCIETY
1. It is a universal language for all creatures – communication.
2. It is an important tool for entertainment.
3. It unites people together.
4. It is for pleasure.
5. It helps people to relax.
6. It help people to focus at work, etc.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Creates an activities that will lead to the concept of music.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate actively in the class activities.
3. Leads pupils to discuss the uses of music in our day to day activities.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss the uses of music in our society.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. explain what music is.
2. state 3 importance of music.
WEEKLY ASSESSMENT (TEST)
1. _____________ is a group of sound that people listen to and enjoy.
2. Music is a _____________ that people listen to and enjoy.
A. group of music
B. group of songs
C. group of sounds
3. _____________ can be voices or instruments.
4. We listen to music with our _____________.
5. Music is a universal _____________.