Last Updated on March 2, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – First Term Examination Home Economics Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – CARE OF THE HAIR
1. Introductory Activities
2. Hair Care Materials and Tools
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify hair care materials and tools.
2. answer all weekly assessment (test) correctly.
The pupils identify the hair and materials used for taking care of the hair.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Display of hair care materials and tools such as bowls, soaps, water, comb, brush, towel, hair cream/pomade.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display sample of hair care materials and tools for the pupils to identify and state the uses of each of them.
Pupil’s Activities – This is a hair comb, brush, hair cream and relaxer, etc.
Teacher’s remark – Each of this represents hair care material or tool used for taking care of the hair. Give a great check for active participation and note each hair care material and tool identity by the pupils.
HAIR CARE MATERIALS AND TOOLS
Hair care materials and tools are –
1. Hair comb
2. Hair brush
3. Hair pomade
4. Hair relax
5. Hair scissor
6. Hair clipper
7. Hair spray
8. Hair shampoo
9. Hair dryer, etc.
LESSON 2 – HAIR CARE MATERIALS AND TOOLS
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Repeat the lesson one and ask the pupils to –
- demonstrate how to use each hair care material and tool.
- separate male hair care materials and tools from female hair care materials and tools.
Teacher’s remark – Encourage active participation in the class activities.
Find out the hair diseases and how to prevent it.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays some hair care materials and tools.
3. Asks pupils to identify each of the hair care materials and tools.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify hair care materials and tools.
4. Demonstrate the washing and combing of the hair (ask for a volunteer).
Pupil’s Activities – Bring hair care materials and tools to class.
6. Clean hair tools after use e.g. comb and brush.
Pupil’s Activities – Wash, comb or brush their hair.
7. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to:
1. mention 2 hair care materials and tools.
2. demonstrate the uses of some of the hair care tools and materials.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
Circle or underline 5 hair care materials and tools.