Last Updated on August 9, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – LISTENING AND SPEAKING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Dialogue Further Practice in Excusing, Possibility, Obligations, Permission, etc. (Primary 4)
TOPIC – COMPLETE THE SENTENCES WITH ‘CAN’ AND ‘MAY’
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to complete the sentences with can and may.
Reading and Writing
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
As in week 5 – Dialogue Further Practice in Excusing, Possibility, Obligations, Permission, etc. (Primary 4)
Complete the following with can and may.
1. _________ I leave the chair?
2. He _________ sing like an angel.
3. _________ I sit down.
4. _________ I borrow your books please?
5. Father _________ correct the children in public.
6. _________ Segun wash his plates?
7. _________ you run.
8. _________ I take his textbook?
9. _________ Mr. Michael borrow his neighbour hoe and cutlass?
10. You _________ swim in this swimming pool.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Writes sentences to be completed by the pupils.
Pupil’s Activities – Complete the sentences.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to as stated in the lesson’s content.