Last Updated on August 9, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – READING AND WRITING
PREVIOUS LESSON –
TOPIC – PASSAGES BASED ON THE NARRATIVE OF REAL LIFE STORIES
Choose one of the following stories –
1. The Twins Who Reported His Dishonest Brother
2. The Pupils Who Returned The Lost Money
3. The Taxi Driver Who Help The Blind Man To Cross The Road
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. read the passage on the true life stories.
2. identify the new words and sentences structures in the passage.
3. use them in sentences of their own.
4. do oral comprehension on the passage read.
5. identify the function of the link words.
Reading an writing
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Course books
2. Supplementary readers
3. Pictures pupil’s stories
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Focus Points –
1. Narration of a real life story for the main points.
2. Building up points and linking them.
3. Use of connectives to develop the idea of the points.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Narrates the story in the class the language to be met in the passage.
3. Identifies and discus the main point in the story.
Pupil’s Activities – Discus the main points of the life story and make up similar sentences to the ones in the story.
4. Leads pupils to role – play the story.
Pupil’s Activities – Practice sentences structure provided in the story.
5. Draws attention of pupils to use of linking words in the passage.
Pupil’s Activities – Discuss how the main ideas in the stories are developed and how linking words are used.
6. Discusses the story using varied questions to test pupils comprehension.
Pupil’s Activities – Do moral oral or aural discussions based on the stories and go over the stories stressing specific points.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. read the passage correctly.
2. identify correctly the new words and sentences structure in their discussion and use them to make sentences of their own.
3. identify the link words.