RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – SOCIAL AND HEALTH ISSUES
PREVIOUS LESSON – Common Illness in the Community (Primary 3)
TOPIC – COMMON ILLNESS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Symptoms of Common Illnesses in the Community
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify common illnesses in their community.
2. mention symptoms of common illnesses in their community.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
2. Pictures showing people suffering from one illness or the other.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Based on the previous week’s assignment, ask each group the pupils to state the symptoms of common illness in the community and note their points on the board.
SYMPTOMS OF COMMON ILLNESSES IN THE COMMUNITY
1. General weaknesses
2. Lack of appetite
6. General itching of the Body
Find out the causes of the common illness in the community.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Assigns pupils into group work to come up with the symptoms of common Illnesses in the community – assignment.
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the group discussion.
4. Asks pupils to find out symptoms of common illnesses.
Pupil’s Activities – Find out the symptoms of common illnesses and report to the class.
5. Uses guided questions to find out the causes of common illnesses the pupils have suffered before.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Report findings to the class.
- In group assignment pupils discuss the causes of common illnesses in their community.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify two common illnesses in their community.
2. mention 3 each, the symptoms of common illnesses in the community mentioned in question 1.