Last Updated on November 1, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – PROTECTION ISSUES IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Maintenance of Simple Farm Tools (Primary 2)
TOPIC – HOME INSECTS
1. Introductory Activities
2. Common Insects Found at Home
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
identify common insects at home.
Mosquito, cockroach, etc.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
Chart or sample common insect at home.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Harmful Farm Insects (Primary 2)
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Display chart showing common insects at home for the pupils identify. Sample of cockroach, ants, fly, etc. will be preferable, if available.
Pupil’s Activities – Identify and Name the common insects at home.
Teacher’s remark – explain what insect is.
Insects are little or small animals with wings and legs.
COMMON INSECTS AT HOME
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays chart or samples common insects at home.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe closely and identify Insects at home.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Pupils to answer the questions.
1. ________________ are little or small animals with wings and legs.
2. Insects have ________________ and ________________.
A. Hands and legs
B. Wings and legs
C. Mouth and teeth
3. Cockroach and mosquito are not common insects at home.
4. Cockroach and mosquito not common insects at home.
5. Mosquito suck ________________ to live.
B. Ice cream
Mention 4 common insects at home.
10. Draw a cockroach.