Last Updated on November 2, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – BASIC CONCEPTS IN AGRICULTURE
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning and Names Oily and Fatty Foods – Oils and Fats – (Primary 3)
TOPIC – OILS AND FATS FOODS
1. introductory Activities
2. Uses of Oily and Fatty Foods
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
state uses of oily and fatty foods.
Groundnut and palm oil.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts of oily and fatty foods.
2. Energy oily and fatty food stuff specimens.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Based on previous lesson – and give assignment, ask the pupils, what are uses of oily and fatty foods. Note their on the board and add more, if necessary.
Pupil’s Activities – State the uses of oily and fatty foods.
USES OF OILY AND FATTY FOODS
1. Oils and Fats is used for cooking.
2. Oils and Fats are used frying.
3. Oils and Fats are used for making soaps.
4. Oils and Fats are used as medical herbs.
5. Oils and Fats are part of daily balanced diet.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Displays sample or chart of oily and fatty food.
Pupil’s Activities – Observe the food stuff closely, identify and name.
3. Teachers Activities – Explain oily and fatty foods.
Pupil’s Activities – Listen to the teacher’s explanation and define oily and fatty foods.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- Next Lesson – Revision and Examination
Pupils to answer the questions.
Oily and fatty foods are used for cooking, state 2 foods cooked with oily and fatty foods.
Oily and fatty foods are used for frying, state 2 foods fried with oily and fatty foods.
Oily and fatty foods are used for making soaps, state 2 soaps make with oily and fatty foods.
State 4 uses of oily and fatty foods.