THEME – GROOMING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Care of Each Part of the Body (Primary 1)
TOPIC – THE BODY
1. Introductory Activities
2. Care of the Hands and Feet
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. identify each part of the hands and feet.
3. state the ways of caring for each part of the hands and feet.
Parts of the Hands and Feet
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Illustrative chart or picture of body care.
2. Body care materials such as towels, brush, sponge, comb, body cream, etc.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Lead the pupils to identify each part of the hands and feet and discuss with them, how to care for each part.
Pupil’s Activities – identify each part of their hands and feet and participate in the care for the hands and feet.
Teacher’s remark – Give the pupils a great cheer for active participation and consider much of their points.
PARTS OF THE HANDS
PARTS OF THE FEET
CARE OF THE HANDS AND FEET
- Cut fingernails regularly.
- Wash your hands when dirty.
- Wash your hands before and after meals.
- Wash your hands with soap and water after toilet.
- Wash with water when dirty.
- Wear your shoes and clean socks.
- Wear slipper when going to the toilet.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Leads pupils identify parts of the hands and feet and discuss how to care for them.
Pupil’s Activities –
- Identify each of the hands and feet.
- State the care of the hands and feet.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. identify the following parts of the hands and feet –
2. State the care of the above.