Last Updated on November 7, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEALTHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Sleep – Importance of Sleep (Primary 2)
TOPIC – SLEEP
1. Introductory Questions
2. Period of Sleeping –
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
explain when to Sleep, when not to sleep and where to sleep.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Charts of sleeping mats, beds, mattress.
2. Pictures or charts showing people resting and sleeping.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
Teacher’s Activities – Review the previous lesson – Meaning of Sleep – Importance of Sleep (Primary 2) and ask the pupils the following questions –
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the lesson review and respond to the teacher’s questions.
Teacher’s remark – Listen to the pupils, give a cheer for expected respond and note the the concluded answers on the board as follows –
WHEN TO SLEEP
1. When you are tired.
2. When you are sick.
3. At night
WHEN NOT TO REST
1. At school
2. At work
3. When you have work to do.
WHERE TO SLEEP
1. In an airy room.
2. In a comfortable environment.
3. On the bed or mat.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discuss the following –
Pupil’s Activities – Participate in the class discussion.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
state 2 period to sleep.
state 2 period not to sleep.
mention 2 place to sleep.