Last Updated on January 12, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
THEME – LIVING AND NON LIVING THINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Air Occupies Space Primary 1 (Basic 1)
TOPIC – WATER AS PARTS OF SURROUNDING
1. Introductory Activities
2. Meaning of Water
3. Source of Water
4. Uses of Water
5. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. explain the meaning of water.
2. mention sources of water supply in the locality.
3. state the uses of water.
Source of Water
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Sample of water
2. Source of water
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Display bucket of water for the pupils to identify and discuss the uses of water.
Pupil’s Activities – This is a bucket of water. Water is used for washing, cooking, etc.
Teacher’s Activities – Give a great cheer for quick response. Water is very important to people, plants and animals for survival. Note all the Pupil’s points on the board.
On board, copy as I write.
USES OF WATER
Water is the liquid that descends from the clouds as rain, forms streams, lakes, and seas.
For man, water are used for –
7. Removing waste from the body.
8. Regulating the body’s temperature.
9. Business or commercial purposes.
LESSON 2 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Talk the pupils for a walk within and around the school for the purpose of identifying different source of water and mention other sources.
Note, tap and well water are common and consistent water sources. Use charts to complete the source of water.
Pupil’s Activities – Tap and well water.
Teacher’s remark – There are many sources of water. Study the charts and state other source of water. Note each water source mentioned by the pupils.
On board, Copy as I write.
SOURCE OF WATER SUPPLY IN THE LOCALITY
Water can be found in different places like –
REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Takes pupils on a tour of nearby water sources.
Pupil’s Activities – Mention sources of water.
3. Teacher’s/Pupil’s Activities – Recite a poem about water.
4. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to –
1. explain what water is.
2. mention 4 source of water.
3. state 4 common sources of water.
ATTEMPT ALL THE QUESTIONS
1. ______________ is the liquid that descends from the clouds as rain, forms streams, lakes, and seas.
2. ______________ water flow from one place to another.
3. ______________ water drops from the sky.
4. ______________ is a large body of water.
5. ______________ water run through a pipe.
6. ______________ aid digestion.
Write 2 uses of water.
Under 2 source of water.