Last Updated on January 18, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
RELIGION AND NATIONAL VALUES
THEME – NATIONAL CONSCIOUSNESS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Meaning of Patriotism | How to Show Patriotism Primary 3 (Basic 3)
TOPIC – PATRIOTISM
1. Introductory Activities
2. How to Show Patriotism
3. Lesson Evaluation and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
demonstrate how to show patriotism.
The pupils can fold the national flag and naira notes properly.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. National flag
2. Naira note
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Give Nigerian Natural Flag and Naira Notes and ask the pupils to fold in pair or group. Note – if the national flag is not available, use a towel to represent the national flag.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in the class activities.
Teacher’s remark – Give a great cheer for active participation and show the pupils how to properly fold national flag and currencies.
HOW TO SHOW PATRIOTISM
1. Respecting the national identity.
2. Respecting the national symbols.
3. Paying your tax as when due.
4. Working for the common goals – peace and unity.
5. Defending your country’s prides.
6. Respecting for constituted authority.
LESSON 2 – REVISION AND WEEK LESSON ASSESSMENT
As stated in performance objectives or lesson evaluation.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides pupils to fold the national flag and currencies.
Pupil’s Activities – Fold the national flag and currencies correctly.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupils to demonstrate how to fold national flag and currencies.