Last Updated on March 13, 2021 by Alabi M. S.
THEME – HEATHY LIVING
PREVIOUS LESSON – Steps in Taking a Bath Primary 2 (Basic 2) – Home Economics
TOPIC – BATHING
1. Introductory Activities
2. When to take Bath?
3. What to do after Washing our Body?
4. Revision and Weekly Assessment (Test)
By the end of the lesson, most of the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. state when to take a bath.
2. mention what to do after washing our body.
The pupils can state what to do after washing our body.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
Copy as I write or draw as I write. This instruction should be given when you need the pupils to write or draw.
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTORY ACTIVITIES
Teacher’s Activities – Based on the assignment given, ask and discuss when to wash to our body and what to do after washing our body?
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation.
Teacher’s remark – It is very important to wash our body daily and regularly. Write on the board points of discussion.
WHEN TO WASH THE BODY
1. When we wake up in the morning.
2. After work or school.
3. After play.
4. After exercise.
5. When the body is dirty.
6. Before going to the bed in the night.
Ask pupils to mention when to bath? At least 4 points.
LESSON 2 – WHAT TO DO AFTER WASHING OUR BODY
1. Clean up with towel.
2. Apply cream to the body.
3. Dress up
Ask pupils to mention 4 things to do after bathing.
Find out different parts of functional rooms in the home.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Discusses when to bath and what to do after bathing.
Pupil’s Activities – Active participation in the class discussion.
3. Summarizes the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
LESSON EVALUATION/WEEKLY TEST
Ask pupils to:
1. mention when you wash.
3. state 3 things to do after bathing.