Last Updated on July 15, 2020 by Alabi M. S.
ISLAMIC RELIGIOUS STUDIES
TOPIC: Ayatal Kursi – Recitation of Q 2:255
In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious and the Most Merciful.
- By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor):
- recite ayaat of the Glorious Qu’ran;
- identify the words and ayaat of the Qu’ran;
- The pupils are required to already have learnt…
- The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
- Chart/flash card containing the verses;
- Recorded cassette containing the relevant verses.
METHOD OF TEACHING
- Questions and answers
- Scheme of Work
- 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
- Rope of Allah
- All Relevant Materials
- Internet Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
2:255, Allah – there is no deity except Him, the Ever-Living, the Sustainer of [all] existence. Neither drowsiness overtakes Him nor sleep. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. Who is it that can intercede with Him except by His permission? He knows what is [presently] before them and what will be after them, and they encompass not a thing of His knowledge except for what He wills. His Kursi extends over the heavens and the earth, and their preservation tires Him not. And He is the Most High, the Most Great.
- To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
- To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
- shows flash cards containing the ayatal kursi;
- identifies the ayaat one after another;
- Pupil’s Activities – Recite the ayaat individually and in group.
- drills the pupils in the pronunciation of the words and translations;
- Pupil’s Activities – Listen attentively to the teacher while reciting, pronouncing and translating.
- correct the pupils mistakes;
- leads the pupils in attempt to write the ayaat;
- Pupil’s Activities – Copy the verses of the Quran and its translations.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
- recite the verses of Glorious Qu’ran correctly;
- identify the word and ayaat of the Glorious Qu’ran;