THEME – BUILDING
TOPIC 4 – SIMPLE BLUE (PRINT READING)
Building plans, charts showing various architectural symbols, scale, rule, etc.
By the end of the lesson, students should be able to:
1. interpret building plans.
2. identify important components on the plan of a simple domestic building.
CONTENTS OF THE LESSON
CONCEPT OF SIMPLE BLUE (PRINT READING)
A simple blueprint is a photographic print made with white lines on a blue background paper showing the structure (or plan) of a building or how a building will be made.
A simple blueprint shows how a building will look after completion of construction.
It is called a blueprint because it has a blue background.
For the link for pictures – blueprint.
A building plan is an architectural/engineering designed plan that specify the dimensions (materials) used for different parts of a building as shown in the blueprint.
Building plan includes foundation plan, electrical plan, plumbing plan, etc.
It is usually black lines on a white background paper.
COMPONENTS OF SIMPLE BLUEPRINT OR BUILDING PLAN
The components of a simple blueprint or building plan are as follows:
1. Fittings and sanitary wares, e.g. sink, bath, showers, soak-away, septic tank, etc.
3. Doors and Windows
5. First, Second, Third, etc. and ground Floor
10. Pillars, etc.
PLAN READING AND INTERPRETATION
1. displays building plans.
2. draws common architectural symbols.
3. explains the components of building plan.
The students participate in blue print reading.
Students to identify architectural symbols.