THEME – PERSONAL BELONGINGS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Factors Influencing Choice of Personal Belongings | Uses of Personal Belongings Primary 4 (Basic 4) – Home Economics
TOPIC: CARE OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
1. Introductory Activities
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and be to list and discuss care for personal belongings.
The pupils can identify and state how to care for some of personal belongings.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures and charts of some personal and family resources e.g. clothes, combs, money.
2. Some real objects e.g. clothes, plates, iron, radio.
METHOD OF TEACHING
Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
Scheme of Work
9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
All Relevant Materials
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
LESSON 1 – INTRODUCTION
MEANING OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
Personal belongings are items (things) that are belong to one person.
For example – clothes, shoes, towel, underwear, toothbrush, wristwatch, etc.
These items are used everyday and not to be shared with anyone.
CHOICE OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
Choice of personal belongings is an act of choosing particular items many alternatives.
The choice you made describe what belongs to you.
CARES OF PERSONAL BELONGINGS
Keeping your personal belongings –
1. in orderly manners,
2. in their proper places,
4. wash as soon as they are dirt.
LESSON 2 – SUMMARY AND LESSON EVALUATION
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Demonstrates the steps of caring for personal belongings.
Pupil’s Activities – state four guidelines for care of personal belongings.
3. Summary the lesson on the board.
Pupil’s Activities – Copy as the teacher writes.
To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
Ask pupil to state 4 guidelines for care of personal belongings.
WEEKLY ASSIGNMENT (TEST)
1. ________ are items (things) that are belong to one person.
A. Personal belongings
B. Family belongings
C. Friend belongings
2. Keeping your personal belongings in orderly manners.
3. Keeping your personal belongings in their proper places.
4. Keeping your personal belongings clean.
5. Keeping your personal belongings wash as soon as they are dirt.