JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL ONE (BASIC)
THEME – FARM ANIMALS
PREVIOUS LESSON – Classes and Uses of Farm Animals – Work, Dairy and Guard (JSS 1)
TOPIC – CLASSES AND USES OF FARM ANIMALS
By the end of the lesson, the pupils should have attained the following objectives (cognitive, affective and psychomotor) and should be able to –
1. describe different forms of farm animals.
2. state the uses of farm animals.
The teacher will teach the lesson with the aid of:
1. Pictures/charts of various specimen of the farm animal forms like bull, goat, dog, turkey, fish, etc.
2. Charts and picture of various farm animals.
METHOD OF TEACHING – Choose a suitable and appropriate methods for the lessons.
Note – Irrespective of choosing methods of teaching, always introduce an activities that will arouse pupil’s interest or lead them to the lessons.
1. Scheme of Work
2. 9 – Years Basic Education Curriculum
3. Course Book
4. All Relevant Material
5. Online Information
CONTENT OF THE LESSON
INTRODUCTION TO FARM ANIMALS
Farm animals are animals that are kept for agricultural purposes. This includes such domesticated animals as cows and chickens, and wild animals that are raised in confinement, including mink and fish.
TYPES OF FARM ANIMALS
1. Poultry – Chicken, Turkey, etc.
2. Aquatic – Fish, crab, crayfish, etc.
3. Pets – Dog, cat, bird, etc.
Teacher’s/Student’s Activities – Guides the students to mention animals that belong to each type of animals mentioned.
USES OF FARM ANIMALS
Poultry – It serves as food and source of income.
Aquatic – It serves as food and source of income.
Pets – It is used for sport, companion and security guard.
To deliver the lesson, the teacher adopts the following steps:
1. To introduce the lesson, the teacher revises the previous lesson. Based on this, he/she asks the pupils some questions;
2. Guides students in observing and identifying farm animals.
Student’s Activities – Familiarise self with various types of farm animals by studying the charts and pictures.
3. Explains the various uses of farm animals.
Student’s Activities – Discuss the uses of farm animals.
5. Give a board summary.
Student’s Activities – Copy the board summary.
- To conclude the lesson for the week, the teacher revises the entire lesson and links it to the following week’s lesson.
1. list five farm animals.
2. match farm animals with their uses.
Was this lessons helpful?